Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Time Era

If there were one time period that I could return to, it would probably have to be the 1920’s.The 20’s seemed to me like they were a pretty happenin’ time to be living in America. First and foremost, the best part of the 20’s in my opinion was the music. I like the fast paced jazz and swing music, because it is really good to dance to, and we all know that I sure love to dance, which brings me into my next reason. The Charleston was the big dance of that decade, and is something that seems like it would be a lot of fun to do.  Also, cars were brand new in toe 20’s, and if you had one, man were you cool. The 1920’s were also a time where women started to become more and more racy and exciting, which must have made it fun to be a man in that decade. You could pick these women up in tour new hip cars, and take them to dance parties where you would do the Charleston, while listening to jazz music in the car ride to the dance. That sounds like the perfect scenario to me. Everything that I find appealing about the twenties can be recognized in one simple evening on the town. But besides the music, cars, dances, and girls, baseball was also a pretty big deal and was on the up rise. Players like Babe Ruth and Hank Aaron were in the prime of their careers, making history that would withstand the test of time until this very day, right before everyone’s eyes. Knowing that these athletes would turn out to be some of the best players in the history of baseball, I would make bets on them and do everything possible to get an autograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment