Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Choice Blog

For this choice blog, I would like to write about one of the happiest moments of my life. Spring 2006, as the Buffalo Sabres were in the midst of e legitimate Stanley cup championship run, they found themselves in playing a game 6 at home against the eventual Stanley Cup champion Carolina Hurricanes. The entire city was buzzing all week long in anticipation of the game, and tickets were impossible to come by. I had never wanted to go to any particular sporting event so badly. I tried winning them on the radio, collecting coins to buy them, and I even tried convincing my friend Ryan who is a season ticket holder to take me along. None of which were successful, and I as crushed. I thought I as going to have to watch the biggest game of the season on my tv, but thankfully I as wrong. Around 4oclock my mom strolled through the door with some wonderful news for myself, and some terrible news for my sister who wanted to go to the game as well. She first called my sister into the kitchen, and all I heard was faint whispering, capped off with a shriek, as my sister stormed off to her bedroom in tears. My sister couldn’t attend the game as she had a soccer game, ha ha ha. I, on the other hand was then informed that my mother, by some crazy stretch of imagination, somehow got tickets from someone at work, and was that we were using them. The scenario couldn’t have been more perfect. While I was attending the biggest game of the year, Sarah, wasn’t. to make a long story short, the Sabres brought the game to overtime, and Daniel Briere got loose in front of the net, and slipped the rebound past Cam Ward o send the series to game seven. It was amazing, and was something I will remember for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment