Thursday, December 1, 2011

Music

                I honestly don’t think that I would be able to choose a specific favorite genre of music. I listen to all sorts of music, usually depending on what type of mood I am in that particular day.  I also don’t really know how to exactly classify a band I like listening to into any specific genre. Genre’s aside, one artist that I have always loved listening to ever since maybe 4th grade has been Bob Dylan. I can honestly say that he has been my most consistent musical artist throughout my life, having listened to him with my parents in the car from the time I was very young all the way up to this point where I now listen to him on my own. Dylan has an unmatchable ability to address certain problems or issues about anything through his music, and does it all while painting an extremely vivid image through his lyrics. And even if you don’t enjoy listening to his music, pretty much everyone has to respect that fact that he has consistently been putting out music for well over 50 years, and has not slowed down a single bit. I believe he is among a select few people in modern music who have been able to do this so successfully.  Although I’d have to say Dylan is my favorite, there are so many other groups that I would consider in my top favorite artists. One genre of music that I have found myself spending a lot of time listening to throughout the past year or so has been rap, which is odd because before maybe last November, I didn’t much care for this genre. One artist in particular that I have taken a liking to has been Kanye West. This has led to me listening to many other rap artists over the past year or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment