Thursday, January 5, 2012

Winter Break

My holiday break for the most part was pretty laid back. I mostly stayed home at night, and played xbox late into the night. The latest I was up was 5 o clock am playing Madden. I then went on to sleep in the following day until 2pm, and I felt like a lazy slob the rest of the day. I hate that feeling, but that’s pretty much just how Christmas break goes.  Last Thursday however, I joined Brian Stoldt and some friends, and we spent a couple hours in the new indoor trampoline center, Skyzone. I was a bit apprehensive at first when I walked through the front doors to find 9 and 10 year old boys and girls as far as thee I could see, but that feeling quickly vanished as the activities began. There were trampolines on all of the floors and walls to bounce off, and a giant foam pit, which was one of my favorite parts. You would get a running start on the trampolines, stomp as hard as you can, and thrust yourself through the air, and do twists and flips as you crash the foam below. The jumping part was really fun, but you had to pay a price getting out, because there is nothing to grab on to, and if you had short legs, like Nick Foss did, it was even more difficult. But besides the foam pit there was my personal favorite aspect, and that was the dodge ball. Dodge ball is fun enough on a gym floor, but put it on trampolines, and then you get greatness. I was able to showcase my surprising elusiveness and agility, and was one of, if not the best at dodging. Scratch that, I was the best dodger. Brian Stoldt never got me out. Nuff said.  

No comments:

Post a Comment