Friday, December 9, 2011

Choice Blog 2

For my second blog, I have decided to talk about some of my favorite moments from throughout my entire high school football career. There really are too many to put all of them in this single blog so I have decided to highlight the top 5. Coming in at number five goes all the way back to my sophomore year. I was the starting left tackle that year, and we were going into arguably our toughest game of the season by traveling to Lackawanna to take on the Steelers. The entire game was intense, just a fun tough game to play in. We came out on top as huge underdogs by winning I believe it was 12-0. Number four would have to be my junior year when we were playing Hornell for the first time. I remember I wasn’t getting in too much, and I just wanted to get in to help my team, and make a difference. I remember it was a third down play and they tried running a reverse, and I read the play perfectly and smothered the kid for about a thirteen yard loss.  It felt so great to just to make a big play for in a big situation for my team. Number 3 was running out of the tunnel at the Carrier Dome to open my senior season. It really was a unique and once in a lifetime experience. Besides the heat, that was a really special day that I will remember for a very long time. Coming in at number 2 is without a doubt when Nick Foss sacked Christian Smith on the 2 point conversion at the Ralph my junior year. Nobody deserved to make that play more than Beef, and I was just so extremely ecstatic for him. He finally got a chance on defense and made the biggest play of his life. I still get butterflies thinking about it. Finally, I would have to say the number one moment of my high school career had to be the way our team played in the last game of my high school career against Hornell.  We came out and knocked the crap out of them right from the start of the game. Nobody in an Alden uniform feared this team like so many teams in the past had. To see the team come within a minute of accomplishing something that had haunted me personally for the past year, and just let it slip was beyond devastating, and is something that will stick with me for the rest of my life. But the one thing I promised myself after the loss in my junior year was that if I do lose to this team next year, I can look myself in the mirror and say that there is not one more single thing that I could have done to prepare for this game, which I kept in my mind throughout the entire offseason in preparation for this game. However, I think that going through that entire experience just made the bond between my teammates, coaches and I even closer, which is something that we will all cherish long after football is out of the picture, which is what really matters.  

No comments:

Post a Comment