Thursday, December 1, 2011

Choice

Playing hockey during the winter with my friends at the park is for sure my favorite winter activity. Nothing beats hitting the ice with my friends and playing hockey for hours on end, or pretty much until the ice is too chewed up to even skate on anymore, which is extremely choppy. Some friends that I like to do this with are Ryan Snyder, Adam Strasser, Dan Basinski, Joe Foss, and Bill Penny. Of all of the kids that I play with, the second best is probably Ryan, second only to yours truly.  Ryan has very good hand eye coordination and has good balance on his skates. He is also deceivingly quick, which most people probably wouldn’t expect. I like to have Ryan on my team because I think that we have good chemistry when we’re on the ice together. Ryan likes to pretend he is Steve Montador when he plays, because that is his favorite player.  Adam Strasser is the goalie for my friends and I when we play. Adam, or Strass as we like to call him is actually pretty good at playing goal. He’ll make one unbelievable save, and everyone will be like “woah”, then the next second he’ll let in a simple little wrist shot from Bill Penny, which brings me to my next point. Of all the kids that we play with, I’d probably have to say Bill Penny is the worst, and in pretty sure that everyone else would agree with me, including Bill. Bill doesn’t really “excel” in any particular aspect of pond hockey, he is pretty much average to slightly below average in every category, except of course body checking. Bill likes to disregard everything else and be his team’s enforcer, which usually leads to some pretty bloody brawls that I always end up coming out of on top, because I’m awesome at every aspect of pond hockey.

No comments:

Post a Comment