Friday, February 17, 2012

J1 hero

When I think of a hero, many different people come to mind. A couple of which include my father, Batman, and Superman. I look at all of these people and I think, “Wow, I really want to be like them one day.” However, when it comes to football, there are many NFL players that I look up to and try to model my game around, which I would consider heroes. Two of which include Bills offensive lineman Eric Wood, and nose tackle, Kyle Williams. Wood is a nasty, smash mouth football player that is just a real team first guy, which I really like about him. You don’t hear him say much, but his play on the field speaks for itself, which I really like about him. He doesn’t talk, he just plays.  Kyle Williams, on the other hand, plays a very similar style as Wood. He gets no credit for the work he does, but without him plugging it up in the middle, the defense is useless. Another aspect of William’s game that I idolize is that he had to work for everything that he has got. He came into the league as a late round draft pick, and not much was expected out of his NFL career. He was undersized, and overlooked by everyone. But he didn’t listen to any of the critics, he just kept constantly outworked the man across from him, which led him to an elite group of defensive lineman in the NFL. This is the aspect of my game I have tried the most to mimic. I have always just tried to work harder than the man across from me, regardless of my skill set or size in comparison. I think that it will be essential for me to continue following in the footsteps of these heroes of mine if I want to have a successful collegiate football career.

No comments:

Post a Comment