Friday, September 30, 2011

Bills vs Pats

This past Sunday was one of the greatest moments of my life without a doubt. This happened when my favorite football team, the Buffalo Bills, finally beat the New England Patriots for the first time in over 2000 days.  It was so amazing to see them finally pull it out on the very last play of the game with a field goal as time expired. After all of the close losses over the past 9 years or so, they finally were able to beat the team I hate most in the entire world. After the game concluded, I exploded with joy and was immediately hugging every person that I could find with any type of Buffalo Bills apparel on that I could find.  I haven’t fully recovered my voice that I lost from screaming at the game, but that is completely alright with me. The Bills needed all of their fans to be loud and enthusiastic on Sunday when they were on defense, and I accepted that challenge, and really embraced it. But the best part of all of this was knowing for the final 3 minutes of the game that the Bills were going to end up winning the game because all that they had to do was run the clock out then kick a very short field goal. You could completely tell that this was truly aggravating the Patriots and their coaching staff, as they committed a couple of penalties out of frustration near the goal line. Also, Bill Belichick, the Patriots head coach had a timeout taken away from his team from arguing with the referee about a certain call. This made me the most happy out of any event that day, for this man has made me very angry over the years, and it made me extremely happy to see him so angry.

No comments:

Post a Comment