Thursday, October 27, 2011

Teacher

Throughout the years, I have had the distinct privilege of having many great teachers and coaches. There were so many that I took into consideration, that it was hard to pick just one. But when it came down to it, I feel confident that I made the correct decision in choosing Mr. Domino. I had Mr. Domino for Environmental Science my sophomore year, and I must admit I was far from thrilled when I first entered his classroom, as I had no interest whatsoever in learning about the environment. But there was so much more that I gained from this class through learning about the environment. I learned that everything that we do as human beings either directly or indirectly affects nature, whether it be positively or negatively. I also had the opportunity to learn a lot about how our sports fields are managed around the Alden district, and I now understand some of the limitations that our grounds crew is held to. I learned so many things that I probably would’ve never taken any time to learn about without taking that class. But the main reason that I found this class so enjoyable was because of Mr. Domino’s unmatched passion for teaching environmental science. He used fun, engaging activities that got us out of our seats and involved with what we were learning, rather than just sitting back and taking notes for 80 minutes straight. He also was able to use his own personal life stories to teach us the curriculum because he involved with so many programs involving the environment. His interest in this subject is what got me interested. I constantly found myself sharing things that I learned from him with my parents or friends or telling them the next witty joke he made in class that day. Mr. Domino, you’re the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment