Friday, October 21, 2011

Alex Morgan

Since I was given the choice to write about whatever I want for this blog, I have decided to take this opportunity to write about Alex Morgan. Alex is a forward playing for the Western New York Flash, and has developed into one of my favorite athletes over the past few months. Morgan first caught my attention this past summer during the FIFA World Cup. Prior to this summer’s tournament, I had absolutely zero interest in soccer in general, let alone woman’s soccer.  However, as I watched the underdog American team come back time and time again, I was captivated. Particularly when they played against Brazil, and it looked like they were down and out, until Abby Wambach scored late to eventually send the game to penalty kicks where USA took down the Brazil powerhouse. Through all of this excitement, one player really caught my attention with her finesse abilities, ravishing looks, and her signature pink headband.  That was Alex Morgan. I continued to follow her to the very end of the tournament until the United States lost to Japan in penalty kicks. Although I was heartbroken because at the loss, I was ecstatic to find out that she played for Western New York’s home team in the WPS, the Western New York Flash.  I even created a Twitter account so that I could see what she is up to at all times.  Finally, I was able to get some friends together and go to a Flash game out in Rochester. The night was a gloomy and soggy one, but it in no way was a symbol of my mood. I was thrilled just to breathe the same air as this human being. The game itself was pretty boring, but after it ended was when the fun really began. I was the first one down to the edge of the stands to greet the players as they walked off the field. Morgan must have been captivated by my dashing looks, as I was the first one she decided to come sign for. So, to make a long story short, she signed my ticket, and I toughed her hand. NBD

No comments:

Post a Comment