Friday, October 21, 2011

Favorite Class

Throughout my many years of school, there have been a lot of enjoyable classes. But my favorite was without a doubt when I took 20th century wars my sophomore year with Mr. Kryszczuk.  I enjoyed this class for many different reasons, but mostly because we got to learn about something that really interests me, which is war. Also, I had a lot of friends in that class with me, and I even had my sister in it too, so if I was ever stuck on the homework, we could just work on it together.  The way in which the class was instructed was the best part. What we did was briefly learn about the war, and then watch a movie that related to it. For example, we would learn a little bit about world war 2 for a day, then we would spend 3 days watching Saving Private Ryan. And the best part of all of this was that I had it first block, so it was a nice way to sort of ease into the stressful day of school that was ahead of me. And if for some reason I didn’t have my geometry homework done that was due second block, I was usually able to get it done in this class during the movie, because movie days were usually pretty laid back. Another part of the class that I liked was playing the role playing games. Basically we would split up into pairs and were given a country and would have to make alliances with the other countries around the classroom to try and further ourselves in the game.  The game was full of back stabbing and distrust, and it was a lot of fun. However, I always found my team being knocked out in the first round because I made too many alliances, and was stabbed in the back by people I thought I trusted.

No comments:

Post a Comment