Thursday, October 13, 2011

Restaurants

Alden is home to many of my favorite restaurants. Some of these include Carbones, Geoffano’s and Subway. But when I think of my favorite, there is only one that stands out in my mind. John & Mary’s. I think that John & Mary’s has the best overall food in town. Their pizza is min my opinion their only weak point. Usually when I order myself a pizza from John & Mary’s, it tends to be extremely doughy and does not taste as if it has been cooked fully through. And being a person that prefers their pizza crispier than the average person, you can understand why I would see this as a problem. But besides that, everything else is phenomenal. Their subs are second to none around here. My personal favorite that I find myself getting most often when I order from there is a hot ham. This sub comes with hot ham, melted provolone cheese, mayo, fried hot and sweet peppers, and fried onions. To most people this seems pretty nasty and disgusting. But to me, is to die for. In fact, I just had one last night for dinner, and let me tell you, it was out of this world. Next on the list of John & Mary’s best subs is without a doubt just your plain, basic turkey sub. As I mentioned before in my blog about my favorite foods, turkey sub was right up there with the best of them. The roll is toasted to perfection, and the turkey is the perfect amount. Unlike at Geoffano’s, who puts excessive amounts of turkey on their subs. Then, just like on the hot ham sub, you need to add the fried hot and sweet peppers, and onions to top it all off. Finally, the chicken wings at John & Mary’s are pretty decent, but would lose horribly if were they put up against Geoffano’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment