Thursday, January 5, 2012

Resolution

This past year, I thought long and hard about a new year’s resolution, and finally decided that I would give up one of my favorite and most beloved foods, ice cream. As we all know, I used to have a little bit of a weight problem, and giving up ice cream was a big step in the right direction to a healthy lifestyle. After ice cream came chicken wings, pizza, candy and all of that good stuff. Add that with all of the offseason football training I was doing at the time, and I found myself in the best shape of my life, and have yet to eat ice cream in over a year now.  Now, with this new year finally upon us, I have once again taken some time to think up a good resolution, and have come to a decision. For the year 2012, my goal is to get less angry when I lose on Xbox, and try to control my anger a little bit better.  Over the past 5 years of owning that popular gaming system, I have been through 5 controllers, 8 headsets, and two different rechargeable battery packs. Let’s just say, I have a bit of an anger management issue. This change, if successful, l will not only save me money, but it my entire family and neighborhood will no longer have to put up with the sudden shrieks, groans, and smashes, which is always a good thing. I plan on doing this by when I feel a spurt of anger coming on, by setting my controller down on my bed peacefully, and leaving my room ASAP before I can get ahold of any of my belongings to squeeze or smash. Then I will take a walk downstairs, grab a glass of water, and just get away from it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment