Friday, June 1, 2012

R2

When I am writing, it is very important for me to find something that I am passionate about. I have noticed over the years, that that quality of my work significantly increases when I find something that I am passionate about, and the words just seem to flow out of my mind and onto the paper. For me, one of these subjects is without a doubt sports. With sports you can branch off into so many different directions. One aspect that I enjoy the most is reading/writing about the internal thought processes of an athlete. I find this so intriguing because it is something that I can relate to, and makes me want to keep learning more. I also enjoy writing about the accomplishments of different athletes. Being the official athlete of the week writer for the Bulldog, I’ve written about my fair share of athletes, and have really made great strides in that particular area of writing. Another type of sports that I like to write about is professional sports. Instead of reading what all of the so called “exprets” have to say about my favorite teams like the bills and sabres, this is a chance for me to finally voice my opinions and beliefs on the teams that I love.  Some of my inspirations to write on sports are Jerry Sullivan and Mark Gaughn. Although their pessimistic outlooks on the bills and sabres always frustrate me every time I read their articles, I do think that their writing style is commendable, and I try to model my writing style around.  So as you can see, when I write it is very important that I am passionate about the subject, for my results to be the best that they can be. Because without passion, I have no desire to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment