Thursday, May 3, 2012

P1

                I usually watch most of my television on the weekends or in the evenings on weeknights. Although I should probably try and get outside or do something more productive, the television is always there and available at all times, which makes it hard to not use.  The majority of television that I watch is somehow sports related. Whether it is a live competition, a documentary, or the sports segment on the evening news, the majority of television that I watch is about sports. HBO is also big in the Steffan household, with shows such as Curb Your Enthusiasm and Game of Thrones a common sight in our living room.  Although I am a bit ashamed to admit it, I am a frequent viewer of programming on the morbidly obese on channels like TLC and Discovery.  Why I enjoy these shows so much, I have no idea, but for whatever reason I just do.  There are currently 4 televisions in my home. One for the living room, one in my parent’s room, one in my sister’s room, and one in mine.  The only time I use my TV is before I go to bed at night for about twenty minutes or so.  I think that there is clearly a longer list of negatives associated with television than there are positives, simply because of what people view on it. In general, most of what we watch is senseless programming, which does us no good. And although we don’t want to admit it; most of us do fall into this category. What people view on television can also strongly influence how they choose to dress, act, and appear. And with people like Snooki, and the Kardashian sisters ruling television sets all across America, that is a true shame.  I think that people should make an honest effort not to let these sort of figures influence them outside of the half hour that they view them on television each night.

No comments:

Post a Comment