Thursday, March 15, 2012

M3

                When I think of embarrassing moments in my life, to be perfectly honest, not much comes to mind because I don’t get embarrassed that often. But the one single moment that does come to mind left me downright mortified.  It all happened back in my youth, 5th grade to be exact. I was over at the Boling’s residence in the morning before school as usual, because for some reason I was afraid to stay home alone in the morning. So I was just sitting in the backroom like usual, minding my own business, watching cartoons, no big deal. Everything was just perfect. Until the moment I began to feel a rumble in my tummy. However, this was no ordinary rumble. This rumble meant business, and boy was it potent. The “rumble” got so bad to the point where I began to sweat profusely and my heart began to beat rapidly. It was essential that I “relieve” this rumble ASAP, or else the Boling’s might have found themselves in search of new furniture. Like most people I generally like to “relieve” myself in the comfort of my own home. However, this was not an option, so to the bathroom I went. Apprehensive as ever, I did what had to be done, and to say the least, it was bad. So bad that when I jiggled the handle on the toilet, the water stayed still as a statue. Panic soon set in and decided to flee the scene. I told the kind and gracious Mrs. Beverly Boling that I decided to head into school an hour and a half early today, to get “extra help.” This should’ve been an immediate warning sign that something was up, but thankfully I was able to avoid colossal embarrassment, that is, until tomorrow morning. 24 hours came and went and I spoke nothing of the issue, though it was obvious that it had been discovered. I initially tried staying home by myself at first, but my imagination began playing tricks on me as usual, and I was convinced that the house was haunted. Therefore I had no choice but to face my inevitable doom, the Boling’s.  As I entered the scene of my crime, I began to play various scenarios through my head of what they might say about me.  However, to my surprise, they were very understanding of the issue, and simply got a good kick out of the whole thing, but I’d imagine their toilet thought quite the contrary.

No comments:

Post a Comment